Two major improvements available for our Tracking Map, now:
- Our interactive sports visualization now uses mapbox. That enables nice features like changing direction, orientation and layout (as Terrain, Sattelite and Hybrid) of the map (using the right mouse).
- New flag design targets precisely the location of the athletes. New hover feature displays the flag with the specific race number. Flags are semitransparent to catch what is covered by the flag.
The visualization concept of Racemap GPS Tracking is clear and easy to understand. Through our Tracking Map any spectator is able to watch the competition on a desktop or on a mobile device.
More Safety at Sports-Events: Press SOS on your Racemap-Tracker and activate an alert in Tracker-Management!
Safety is a selling point! For race organizers, it is getting more and more important to make participants and their families feel safe during a sports event. That way everybody really enjoys the adventure and will come back to next years event.
New SOS-Feature! The most interesting competitions are in remote nature. For those events, Racemap provides the SOS-Feature in combination with Racemap-GPS-Trackers. Pressing the SOS-Button, the athlete activates an alert in the Tracker Management:
- SOS-Tracker show as first in tracker list
- Alert pops up and needs to be confirmed, so you can’t miss the important information when monitoring an event in a race office
- Location of specific tracker is displayed directly in the small map in tracker management
Racemap Tracker Management:
- Work fast, efficient and accurate with many GPS-Trackers.
- Combines features to easily manage many GPS-Trackers at once.
Background: We are working on a predictive Transponder-Tracking in tight collaboration with race|result. The prediction model is using recorded data from the timekeeping system as decoders and from TrackBoxes to forecast the athlete’s location real-time.
Everybody being involved in sports knows that the elevation is from key importance for a good speed prediction. It does strongly influence the speed of the athletes whether they ride their bikes uphill or downhill. Through our project for the Chip-Tracking we noticed, that Google Elevation API is too inaccurate for our use case. And as there is no other open elevation service providing accurate heights, we just developed and hosted such a service ourselves. You can use this service for your own projects under MIT license. You either host this service yourself or just use our API.
- Mapzen terrain data: https://registry.opendata.aws/terrain-tiles/
- Documentation and source code: https://github.com/racemap/elevation-service#api-usage
- Give it a Try: http://elevation.racemap.com/v2/?lat=51.3&lng=12.5
Do you have any question or suggestion regarding our elevation service? We are really looking forward to your feedback.
Racemap offers a flexible tracking solution for all kind of sports events. The last update of Racemap Tracking Map enables a dynamic scale from S to XXL – From 150 devices applied in your Tracking Map, our viszalization shows dots instead of flags. That keeps your Live-Tracking clearer for your spectators even at big events.
All five co-founders of Racemap GmbH – Christoph, Karl, Jens, Konrad und Norman
You are a race timer or race director and you want to offer Live-Tracking with your timing equipment? Our solution: Racemap develops a tracking system using data from the timing system to show a live visualization of your competition. In this project we work in tight collaboration with race|result, because they offer Track Boxes and Active Transponders – which are game-changing, unique products for timing and tracking. To verify our prediction model we tested the algorithm directly against GPS-Tracking during the 100km-Duathlon.
From our clients we know, athletes want a personal GPS tracker without wasting hours in configuration the hardware e.g. to make it work with a SIM card. Nobody wants to set up a tracking device with SMS commands. You want personal Live Tracking ready to go at once? Shop Racemap GPS devices!
Best Personal Live Tracking with Racemap
Fast, easy and flexible! You want reliable Live Tracking without wasting time? Its not just about GPS hardware – its the service that makes Racemap GPS devices unique. Racemap offers three solutions for the best personal Live Tracking experience.
- GPS Tracker ready to go! Out of the box, your Racemap GPS Tracker is already configured for Live Tracking on racemap.com and in Racemap Tracking App.
- Daily Tracking – Tracking Map you use flexible any time. Private through your personal URL. Visibility – you control who keeps track to you while training, competitions or sports projects.
- Premium Coverage – Your GPS Tracker communicates through the best available cellular network, no worries about SIM cards.
Just combine the tracking solutions respect your needs. You want to learn more about Live Tracking with Racemap? Just get in touch with us +49 151 24122370 or [email protected] – we are happy to enable your Live Tracking.
Live Tracking is extremely exciting for spectators at big triathlon events like Challenge or Ironman AND provides helpful information for orga staff and speaker. In 2015 Reiner Mehlhorn made live tracking with GPS trackers at Challenge Roth using Racemap GPS System. Worked very well, as you see in the replay of the race.
Live GPS-Tracking Hamburg Marathon easily with Racemap Tracking-App. One App for Athletes and Spectators.
For spectators: Watch the Live-Stream of Hamburg-Marathon in interactive Racemap on Smartphones and Computers.